IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell)
The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by accredited institutions is a major step in pushing long-term quality standards. IQAC in any institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters. It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution or college. The role of IQAC in maintaining quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation becomes crucial.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To implement Choice based credit system
- To assess the level of attainment of vision and mission once in 6 months for all programmes
- To conduct academic audits for all programmes at least once a year
- To organise a minimum of two pedagogical training programmes per year for new teaching faculty and for those who require additional training
- To organise at least one common skill-development programme per year for the supporting staff
- To review student performance in Internal Assessment and Semester Examinations for all departments within 2 weeks of completion of the tests
- To attain 100% utilization of the digital learning platforms (Blackboard/LCS) by all teaching faculty
- To register and complete atleast two relevant MOOC courses/ 1 MOOC course and 1 FDP/industrial training( not less than 5 days) by all teaching faculty per year
- To appoint two adjunct faculty from industry for every programme
- To organise at least one seminar each year in all the major disciplines
- To conduct coaching classes for national level competitive exams like SSC, CSIR NET etc and to ensure that 2 students from each department clear the exams successfully
- To periodically carryout extra-curricular activities through NCC, NSS, and other Clubs
- To be within the top three ranks of Kalyani University, Kalyani sports meet and to achieve at least 3 medals at the university/state level
- To follow up on the construction of a Science Building and complete it by 2023
- To form a Purchase – Executive committee and conduct purchase approval meeting once a year for carrying out budget utilization and infrastructure maintenance
- To implement enhanced surveillance system through installation of more CCTV cameras.
IQAC Functions – As per UGC Guidelines
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement
IQAC – Institutional Functioning
- The institution has active Quality Advisory Cell (QAC) and Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to frame the policy for the academic and administrative growth of the institution.
- IQAC is playing a major role in designing and maintaining quality assurance within academic systems.
- IQAC monitors the proper implementation and analysis of overall academic and administrative performances of the college activities.
- The cell supports the teaching and learning goals articulated in the institution’s strategic plan.
- As the institution has grown in size and stature, it has evolved certain quality assurance measures keeping in mind the academic and administrative requirements.
- In this regard, a manual on teaching and working has been prepared by Professor-in-charge, IQAC. Some of the measures are –
- IQAC ensures maximum utilization of infrastructural facilities and the available ICT resources.
- On the basis of academic audit, a comprehensive review of student’s performance is made by IQAC.
- IQAC ensures the proper implementation of academic calendar.
- Regular meeting of IQAC and QAC are conducted to discuss various measures related to quality enhancement in which the recommendations made by Planning And Evaluation Board, Board Of Studies, Academic Council, Governing Body are discussed and analyzed for further improvement.
- As per the suggestion of IQAC, a feedback analysis committee is formed to review the online and offline feedback received from the students.
- Appraisal report of teaching / and non- teaching staff is received in the form of CR and after evaluation by the Head of the Institution is forwarded to the higher authorities.
- Attendance registers and daily teaching diaries are duly maintained and checked.
- IQAC reviews the feedback received from the parent- teacher meetings
- Introduction of new Courses including Postgraduate and Add-on Courses.
- Automation of Library and its facilities.
- Strengthening of Library.
- Improvement in students supports systems.
- Organizing seminars, conferences and workshops at different levels.
- Extension and upgradation of Classrooms and Laboratories.
- Inculcate ICT based Teaching-learning process
- IQAC has played an important role to implement NAAC Peer Team recommendations
- The IQAC monitors the well-being of the college in all respects.
MEMBERS OF IQAC
- Pankaj Chakraborty- Teacher-in-Charge- Chairperson
- Sulipta Tarafdar, Assistant Professor, Dept of English- IQAC Coordinator
- Pijush Kanti Dev, Assistant Professor, Dept of Economics- Member
- Bhaswati Chakrabortty, Assistant Professor, Dept of Political Science- Member
- Shri Bapin Mallick, Assistant Professor, Dept of English- Member
- Shri Jayanta Nayek, Librarian- Member
- Shri Jayanta Malakar, Head Clerk- Member
- Shri Dilip Poddar, Govt Nominee of Governing Body- Member
- Utpal Biswas-Member