About the Library
The college takes pride in having a well-stocked library. The Central Library of the college contains many valuable books. The Library is also regularly embellished by purchasing new books, journals and magazines. The teachers and the students make constructive use of library facilities like reading and borrowing books and journals, accessing internet etc. Besides the Central Library, each department has separate departmental Library of its own. The Library has INFLIBNET facility, a UGC portal through which the teachers and students can have access to useful e-journals. The college library has a spacious reading room. To ensure proper utilization of the library there are well defined rules which are followed both by the faculty and the students.
- There are approximately 19000+books available in the library including several journals, magazines and daily Newspapers.
- The Library follows Library Management Software SOUL 2.0.
- The books are arranged on the shelf according to Dewey decimal classification 22nd edition.
|Days||Working Hours||Book Issue Hours|
|Monday-Friday||10.30 a.m. – 05.00 p.m.||12.00 p.m. – 04.00 p.m.|
|Saturday(only return)||10.30 a.m. – 05.00 p.m.||——————–|
The Library provides several services to students and teachers of the college. Like,
i) Issue and Return of Books
ii) Book Renewal facility
iii) Information display and notification services
iv) Reference service
v) Newspaper reading service
vi) Provision of books for competitive examinations
vii) Access to Electronic resources NLIST Consortium program
viii) Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- The students are allowed to borrow 3 books for the period of 21 Days.
- Please maintain Silence in the library. Gossiping, smoking, eating, sleeping in the library are strictly prohibited. Talking on Mobile Phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Students are not allowed in the library without Identity card. Students are required to produce their identity card for consulting books, journals or any other documents in the library.
- Students are requested to sign the Reading Room Register mentioning ‘in time’ before using the reading room and also sign ‘out time’ before leaving the library.
- Students are required to deposit their bags and other materials in the outside before entering the library.
- Mutilation of library materials and damaging the library property are serious offences and is liable to punishment.
- Journals, Magazines, Reference Books are not for lending and the students are not allowed to take these documents outside the library.
- Without a requisition slip, properly filled up by the students, no book will be issued.
- Students are asked to check the books at the time of issue. The students, to whom, the book was last issued, would be held responsible for any type of damage or mutilation, detected at the time of issue. No book in damaged condition will be accepted from the students
- Books are to be returned on the date last given on the Book-slip.
- A fine of Rs. 1.00 per day per book will be charged for books kept beyond Due date.
- In case of loss of borrowed books, the books have to be replaced by the new ones.
- Students are to deposit all books before receiving the admit cards for University Examinations.
- All students should obtain Clearance Certificate from Library before receiving the admit cards for University Examinations.
- Notice board should be followed from time to time for getting updates.
|Photo||Name & Qualification||Designation||Contact Details|
Mr. Jayanta Kr Nayek
M.Sc.,MSLIS, UGC NET (JRF),WBSET, PhD (Pursuing)
Mr. Nanigopal Mandal
Mr. Nitish Kumar Biswas
Mr. Sudip Kumar Biswas
|Sl.No.||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1||Mr. Jayanta Kr Nayek||Librarian|
|2||Dr. Pijush Kanti Dev||Teacher- in Charge|
|3||Dr. Bhaswati Chakraborty||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. Pankaj Chakraborty||Assistant Professor|
|5||Mr. Pralhad Chandra Biswas||Assistant Professor|
|6||Smt. Sulipta Tarafder||Assistant Professor|
|7||Mr. Jayanta Malakar||Head Clerk|
Web Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
List of Websites which offers online certification courses
- Swayam- https://swayam.gov.in/
- NPTEL- https://onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in/
- Mooc- http://mooc.org/
- Edx – https://www.edx.org/
- Coursera- https://www.coursera.org/
- Udacity – https://in.udacity.com/
- Udemy – https://www.udemy.com/
- Khanacademy – https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Skillsahre – https://www.skillshare.com/
- Harvard University – https://online-learning.harvard.edu/
- Ted – https://ed.ted.com/
- Alison – https://alison.com/
- Futurelearn – https://www.futurelearn.com/
- Web Development – https://digitaldefynd.com/best-free-web-development-courses-tutorials-certification/
- Digital Marketing – https://digitaldefynd.com/best-free-digital-marketing-certifications/
- ios app development – https://digitaldefynd.com/best-ios-app-development-course-tutorial/
- Open Learn – http://www.open.edu/openlearn/
- Future Learn – https://www.futurelearn.com/
- Tuts Plus – https://tutsplus.com/
- Open Culture – http://www.openculture.com/
The Project entitled “National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (N-LIST)”project provides access to e-resources to students, researchers and faculty from colleges and other beneficiary institutions through server(s) installed at the INFLIBNET Centre. The authorized users from colleges can now access e-resources and download articles required by them directly from the publisher’s website once they are duly authenticated as authorized users through servers deployed at the INFLIBNET Centre.
|The Consortium subscribes to the following resources for the colleges . All electronic resources subscribed under N-LIST Programme are available from the publisher’s Web site.|
|American Institute of Physics (18 titles)||http://journals.aip.org/|
|Annual Reviews (33 titles)||http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/|
|Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) (1 titles)||http://www.epw.in/|
|Indian Journals (180+ titles)||http://www.indianjournals.com/|
|Institute of Physics (46 titles)||http://iopscience.iop.org/|
|JSTOR (2500+ titles)||http://www.jstor.org/|
|Oxford University Press (206 titles)||http://www.oxfordjournals.org|
|Royal Society of Chemistry (29 titles)||http://pubs.rsc.org/en/journals?key=title&value=current|
|H. W. Wilson (3000+ titles)||http://search.ebscohost.com|
|Cambridge University Press (224 titles) [2010-2016]||http://journals.cambridge.org/|
|Cambridge Books Online (1800 titles)||http://ebooks.cambridge.org|
|E-brary (125000+ titles)||http://site.ebrary.com/lib/inflibnet|
|EBSCoHost-Net Library (936 titles)||http://search.ebscohost.com|
|Hindustan Book Agency (65+ titles)||http://portal.igpublish.com/iglibrary|
|Institute of South East Asian Studies(ISEAS) Books (382+ titles)||http://portal.igpublish.com/iglibrary|
|Oxford Scholarship (1402+ titles)||http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/|
|Springer eBooks (2300 titles)||http://link.springer.com.|
|Sage Publication eBooks (1000 titles)||http://knowledge.sagepub.com.|
|Taylor Francis eBooks (1800 titles)||https://www.taylorfrancis.com/|
|Myilibrary-McGraw Hill (1124 titles)||http://lib.myilibrary.com/|
|World -ebooks Library (30,00,000 titles)||http://community.ebooklibrary.org/?AffiliateKey=WEL-NDL|
|South Asia Archive (though NDL)||http://www.southasiaarchive.com|
Besides the library also provides access to ebooks with 100000+ titles available from http://site.ebrary.com/lib/inflibnet/home.action
- How are library resources used to augment the teaching-learning process?
The Central Library of the college contains many rare books. The Library is also regularly embellished by purchasing new books and journals. The teachers and the students make constructive use of library facilities like reading and borrowing books and journals, accessing internet etc. The college has also recently been granted the permission to avail the INFLIBNET facility so the students and teachers can access many e-books and e-journals.
- Describe the role of Library Committee?
The composition of the sub-committee is as follows:
(c)Secretary, Teachers’ Council —Ex-officio member
(d)Selected Teaching Staff
The Library sub-committee subscribes to new books, journals and e-journals keeping with the demands of the research scholars in all UG departments. There are frequent meetings of the Library Sub-Committee to chalk out plans for the enhancement of the library. The purchase of books and journals is also monitored by the Library Committee and Purchase committee.
- What are the significant changes have been brought to the Library?
- Library automaton using the library software (SOUL)
- Pest control and dusting is being done on regular basis.
- Book binding for the old, rare and physically damaged books have been done.
- Bar code printer has been installed.
- Five Computers are now available in the library with internet and LAN facilities.
- Reference service rendered to the students for their advanced study.
- Referral service provided to the library users.
- NLIST facility introduced for accessing e-journals
- A well maintained reading room with intake capacity of 60.
- What kind of support provided by the Library staff to the students and teachers of the college?
The Library staff offers the following support to the students and teachers of the college:
- Borrowing and lending facility for the students and teachers.
- Issue of books, magazines, journals and previous year question papers in the library reading room for reference works.
- Access to internet in the library for the students and the teachers
- The Library provides screen reading software and scanner to the visually-impaired students.
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar College, Betai
Nadia, WB- 741163
Phone – 03471-254207
Follow Us on Facebook : https://tinyurl.com/y82mvt2d